Delivered by our Benefits expert, Crag Wilkins, this course aims to provide the delegate with a complete understanding of the end to end lifecycle of benefits realisation management. You will not only come away with practical pragmatic skills which you can immediately implement into your organisation, you will have an appreciation for the value a consistent benefits management discipline can bring to your business.
You will be provided with the tools, along with the capability to competently utilise these tools in your program / project environments.
This course does not replace, nor compete with, the certified APMG International ® Benefits Management Courses, you will not learn how to pass the official exam, however you will learn how to practically implement and manage a benefits realisation management process within your organisation.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Competently discuss the virtues of a benefit realisation management process
- Incorporate the benefits management process into an existing program / project methodology
- Confidently discuss the importance of a solid baseline when developing the benefits
- Identify and articulate quantifiable benefits during the business case process
- Extrapolate and articulate the benefits values from the business
- Design a governance model to suit your organisation to ensure the relevant stakeholders are involved
- Develop a benefits realisation plan, including benefits profiles and a benefits register
- Embed processes into the program / project management lifecycle to ensure benefits tracking and reporting in successfully handed over to the business
- Applying a benefits management process into a waterfall and / or an agile methodology
This course covers the following topics:
- The virtues of a benefit realisation management (BRM) process
- Benefits during the business case process
- How to extrapolate and articulate the benefits values from the business
- Governance models
- The benefits realisation plan
- Embedding the BRM processes into the program / project management lifecycle
- Benefits management process into a waterfall and / or an agile methodology
- The BRM process is not aligned to any specific methodology, therefore you can implement it into any processes or methodology you are currently using in your delivery of programs / projects. You will learn how the BRM process can be aligned to be effective in a waterfall and/ or an Agile environment.
There are no distinct pre-requisites to taking this course, however you will gain the maximum value if you have a clear understanding of program and project management processes.
The intended audience for this course is:
- Portfolio managers who would like better understand how the benefits management process can assist with the prioritisation of project resource allocation
- Program managers who would like better understand how the benefits management process can drive the strategic alignment of their programs, and more clearly ascertain the value of the projects that make up the sum pf their programs
- Project sponsors who would like better understand how the benefits management process can drive the success of their projects beyond the usual triple constraints which is more commonly reported upon.
- Project managers who would like better understand how the benefits management process can assist them with the prioritization of project work based on the alignment of the deliverables to specific benefits as identified in the business case
- Business analysts who would like better understand how the benefits management process can assist with the derivation of value against each of the business requirements